Sunday, December 29, 2013

Is it just me?

Nov 25th: My husband bought me Happy Birthday Oreos yesterday. Vanilla cookies with filling that tastes like cake icing & is very sweet. What a crack up!

DTB: I can never remember: are right leaning cable stitches held to the back or front of my knitting? Do I put the needle in front or in back of the bar for M1R increases? It is a thorn in my knitting that I've had since I learned cables. It used to be amnesia where these two items were concerned.

Luckily, I recently figured out a fix while I was making a hat which included both cables and increases. It narrowly escaped violent frogging thanks to this mnemonic.

Anyone who leaves a room for a moment when there are still people in it has said it at one time or another: "I'll be right back."  Right cable stitches are held to the back of the work and M1R are made with the needle coming under the bar from the back of the work, so lucky for me it works for both.    

Well, that's my device and I'm sticking to it. So far it has worked every time I've needed it. Simple and unforgettable.

Now if I could only remember that bar increase stitches are always made on the opposite side of the work from how I picked up the bar...  <g> it's always something with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment